Layers and hours of poor service
screamin2

Where do I begin with this story?

For that past 3 weeks, my internet has frozen. I thought it was my laptop until I used a friend's wireless. Wasn't my laptop. Last Thursday, spoke with Verizon Tech 1, who said it needed a new wireless router. Got and installed it. Wouldn't open a browser other than "Activate Your New Verizon Account", and I didn't have a new account, just the same old one.

Spoke with 2nd Verizon Tech. She said we needed to reset my Veizon modem. So we did. I thought.

Same problems with freezing.

Connected my modem via Ethernet cable. Freezing problem nearly gone

Spoke with 3rd Verizon Tech. She said the modem was the problem; too old to support wireless. On Monday evening, 7 pm Central USA time, she ordered a new Verizon modem with wireless router. Promised it would arrive in 2 business days. (sounded unlikely to me). In the course of conversation, she corrected an error in my address. Verizon land line had the address from 16 years ago, despite the fact that I submitted and change of address and I used to receive paper bills via snail mail at the correct and current address. She corrected the address, I thought.

Today, Thursday, no modem. UPS notified that my address did not exist. Gues what? Verizon shipped to the OLD address (the one that Monday's tech 3 had corrected).

So, 3 hours on the phone to Verizon India and stateside. Verizon support staff 1 said he had corrected the address with UPS, credited my account with a one-time $50 credit for my lack of service for weeks, and handed the call to Verizon Support staff #2, who was nearly incomprehensible and quite rude. She claimed that UPS would call me in 1 hour to confirm the address delivery change.

Guess what? No call from UPS. 

Perhaps the modem-router will arrive and perhaps not.

But you know what will arrive on time? A bill from Verizon,regardless of the fact that my internet service has been compromised for 3 weeks

Clearly, no one at Verizon customer service listens.

0 Likes
Re: Layers and hours of poor service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We sincerely apologize for the bad experiences you've had to experience while trying to get equipment to make your services work the way they should be working. Definitely no excuse and not what we pride ourselves in. The last call that you had, when they said they were shipping out the modem, did they give you any sort of confirmation number? We would like to further investigate to find out exactly what is going on and why this ball is being dropped. We value you as a customer and do not want you to have to continue to go through these inconveniences.

Thank you.

Kirsten

0 Likes
screamin2

Verizon never did give me a shipping number, but UPS held the item in question.

Because of the diligence of UPS and clarity of their response, and my willingness to wait in line for 30 minutes, I was able to pick up my modem.

After another 60mintues online with Verizon tech support, we were able to install my modem.

Still, the final outcome rests in my persistence and the service of UPS, not Verizon.

0 Likes