Line issues?
knighttemplar421
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in the Alexandria, VA area and have beeen without net almost 24 hours now.  When I attempted to contact tech support yesterday, I got got someone who clearly didn't know what to do.  Eventually he said he had to put in a ticket.  after changing my password and name to something else "temporarily" I am not even sure at this point if my information to connect is right.  when I try to connect it keeps saying my modem is not ready and PPP is down.  Has anyone had similar problems, or have advice how to get past form reading tech support to someone who can actually help and/or check to see if there is a line/account issue?

0 Likes
Re: Line issues?
Archanubis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also noticed connection issues near Alexandria, VA since 6pm last night.  I called tech support this morning and the automated system stated that there was a network outage in the Franconia area.  Please confirm this also affects Alexandria customers.

Re: Line issues?
earthlinkdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live south of Alexandria (Belle View area), and had no DSL since yesterday. (My provider is technically Earthlink, but Earthlink uses Verizon DSL for its network in this area.)