Lose connection and SLOW
JudyCH

Every time it rains I have to restart the modem/router I bought from Verizon. A tech told me to plug it direct in the wall socket instead of a surge protector. Well guess what, that didn’t help. My old router never did that. Now they raised the price on the so called fast DSL. Well it’s not fast!!! They said they sent emails. I never got one. Why can’t we send emails to them instead of having to sit on line and chat with a rep. Guess it’s time to shop for a new carrier. I’ve been told there are a lot better ones in my area.

0 Likes
Re: Lose connection and SLOW
beachbums624
Enthusiast - Level 2

Read back through the years of DNS server failures and such . It almost always coincides with a new you gotta pay for this router . Just as is happening NOW .

0 Likes
Re: Lose connection and SLOW
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@beachbums624 wrote:

Read back through the years of DNS server failures and such . It almost always coincides with a new you gotta pay for this router . Just as is happening NOW .

If it coincides with FiOS routers, then yeah. Not a bad conspiracy. ISP DNS always seems to be one of those things that happens to be unreliable, probably due to the sheer number of people being served by the DNS server cluster. Or, from all of the funny business ISPs do with DNS, like redirecting to search pages instead of using NXDOMAIN responses.

The DSL equipment, however, hasn't been refreshed for a couple of years now. There's nothing to buy unless you'd rather get the same DSL modem you probably have already.

0 Likes