Losing Internet Connection w/ New Router
Allgrownzup

I have had verizon DSL for a year and a half and over the summer i began losing connection at random times.  It would be off for 5 minutes or so then it would reconnect.  I tried resetting the router (westell 7500) but that didnt work so verizon sent me a brand new router and it was fine for a few months but recently it has begun again, so i called verizon and they ran a line check and of course it checked out OK with no issues.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks

oh and all the green lights are on when i lose connection but the internet light is out.

0 Likes
Re: Losing Internet Connection w/ New Router
Allgrownzup

anyone?

0 Likes
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Allgrownzup, when you lose the internet connection do you still have a dialtone on your landline.  Hey did you try replacing the phone cord from the modem to the splitter or wall jack.

Scairp
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens to us all the time.  I'm always having to reboot to get back online.  On Sunday night (Halloween), I had no service, went through all the things you usually do when the DSL goes down, nothing worked.  Decided to go to bed, figured it would be back up in the morning.  It wasn't.  Finally called Verizon, told her the problem, after explaining I had already done everything she told me to do.  Finally, she says that the red light on my router where it says "Internet" means there is no service, so after a minute of checking she tells me that pretty much everyone in my area code who has Verizon DSL  has no service due to some kind of external equipment problem.  So from sometime Sunday evening until Tuesday afternoon, we had no service.  I got the robo-call informing me that the problem had been resolved and all I had to do was reboot my modem and all would be well, which is was.  So, I had my Internet back, could go through the dozens of emails piled up in my inbox.  Unfortunately, it was apparently a temporary fix as I had no Internet this morning when I first got on my computer at 8:30 am west coast time.  What is going on?  Is this ever going to be fixed permanently or what?  Really tired of paying for something I have only used a day and a half this week. 

0 Likes
Scairp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes Ron, I'm sure that all of us experiencing these frequent outages have bad phone lines, wall jacks or splitters.  Or we all have bad computers, anything but Verizon's fault.  I think at some point Verizon needs to take responsibility for this and stop blaming the customers.  This is not us, this is your company's equipment failing repeatedly and it's gotten very old.

Allgrownzup

i do not have a house phone i only use the wall jacks for internet use only.

this problem is very frustrating and i will be canceling my service because of it, if it is not fixed soon...this has been a problem for 5 months now and customer service has been pathetic.

0 Likes
mtrunz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I lose my internet connection every time the phone is answered or turned on to make an outgoing call. EVERY TIME! I had Verizon here today and they said everything tests OK. After his test, I showed him the problem which he ackowledged and then said he had never seen this and was stumped that he could not repair it.

He suggested calling tech support and requesting a new modem/router. Only a Verizon unit will work since they're conveniently (for them) proprietary. A new unit would set me back about $100.00 with no guarantee that this will fix the problem. Verizon needs to replace defective routers or allow us to replace them with better quality non-proprietary units that can be purchased for 1/3 of the cost. Not only are they better quailty, they give you greater wireless range/distance than the Verizon models do. Additionally, Verizon has yet to fix the intermittent static on my land line after several attempts during the past year. Service after the sale appears to be a reality but at some point but is merely an illusion. They need to be able to fix their problematic lines and/or equipment. We pay **bleep** good money for thier service but when it breaks, they just walk away without worry. I've had it. It's time to get Cable internet.

0 Likes