Losing connection for several days now
Jetpack2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having problems with my internet connection for several days now, and it's to the point where it just doesn't want to connect. I've repeatedly rebooted the modem, checked the connections and tried different jacks. I can't run the verizon in home agent because I can't stay connected long enough, if at all. The DSL light is solid green and there is no Internet light at all most of the time.

Is there a way to speak to a human representative that can point me in the right direction? I have to do this from work since I can't connect at home. I'm willing to pay for a service rep to check whatever they need to, I just can't seem to find out how to contact one.

Best regards,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Losing connection for several days now
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jetpack,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

pjsutton
Contributor - Level 2

Did you try logging in to your modem by going to 192.168.1.1 ?  And perhaps re-entering your PPPoE user name.  Or make sure that the modem hasn't changed itself to DHCP by mistake.  What state do you live in?

0 Likes
Jetpack2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have no idea what my PPPoE username name is.

I'm in VA.

Ran a speed test,    .18Mbps download speed then it timed out for the upload portion of the test.

I have the high speed $39.99 package.

Thanks for the reply.

David

0 Likes
Jetpack2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Logged into the modem.

Speed(Down/Up) 256 Kbps / 32 Kbps.

Say's PPPoE.

0 Likes
Jetpack2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to be honest here. I have had numerous outages, connection issues and sometimes just downright slow speed and in 6 years I have never complained. Normally, several days would pass and for whatever reason, things would right themselves all on their own. The only reason I'm reaching out now is because we have had terrible connection issues for the past 6 days and enough is enough. I can't be the only person who has tried to navigate the verizon troubleshooting section of the website to be directed to dead links or the infamous "we can't access your account right now, please try again later" message.

I don't blame the Techs. I'm sure they want to help as much as we want them to help. I'm also sure they are bombarded with questions like "There are no lights on my router, what do I do? Oh wait, it's not plugged in."

I finally connected with a real person today and he told me he couldn't find my account. There was a language barrier there and that's all I'm going to say about that. He also told me he couldn't help me because I wasn't in front of my router and he asked what time I would be home, promised to call and never did.

I can't even imagine what an elderly person or anyone in general that wasn't tech savvy would go through if they encountered these issues. My guess is they just give up.

PJ, thanks for the reply.

David

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jetpack,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.