Lousy Customer Service DSL experiences
rgl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm curious if any one else is experiencing lousy customer service when encountering problems with Verizon DSL? My wireless router appears to have quick working, I called Verizon tech support .  They insist it must be the lines.  Have waited over 3 days for an appointment with a person to come to the house.  So, what I don't understand is when I had trouble with my Comcast Cable, they tested over the phone, and okay me to come to the local Comcast office to exchange the box.  I specifically asked to exchange router, and was told to wait. 

Is this customer service incident the same as yours? 

Sorry if I repeated a similar post, didn't have time to search. 

0 Likes
Re: Lousy Customer Service DSL experiences
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the brand and model of your wireless router?

#2 If the wireless part of the router does not work, did you try to use a wired connection to the router?

0 Likes
rgl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a WESTEL Versalink Model 327W.  The DSL light is blinking.  I can't switch cables as the DSL cable has to go to the router first.  I tried switiching Internet cables without success.  I told all of this to the customer services rep. I can successfully ping the router, but I can not get on the internet.  When I pinged "verizon.net" internet, the ping did not work.   The  wireless part works fine.  I can still see the SSID signal being broadcasted by router.

My ticket has been open for 5 days. Luckily I can use my neighbors wireless internet.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the router did you change the SSID?

0 Likes
rgl
Enthusiast - Level 1

No why would I do that when I can still see the old SSID?  I will try and let report the problem as solved if it does. 

0 Likes
wmich50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes customer service is lousy, and tech support is useless. Just finished the last of five futile calls to support to convince them that the D-mark box here is faulty.  I finally just wired around it, but not untill I had rewired my dry-loop unnecessarily. I won't forget this and will someday be rid of Verizon.

0 Likes
PrestonH1

Oh yeah, sounds about par for the course these days. I did a recent upgrade in speed and saw little to no improvement. A week ago my DSL connection went down. I called CS and got the usual drill of silly questions (How long is your phone cord?, Can you plug the modem into it's own power outlet?) I jumped through a number of hoops before they decided to send someone out for a service call - the following week.

A couple days later I was futzing around with the modem and lo and behold, got a connection reestablished. I called to cancel the service call but they insisted on sending someone anyway. When the guy showed up he ran some ping tests from one of my PC's and said all was well. A couple days later my speed dropped to 50kps and has been in that neighborhood ever since.

I don't even want to waste my time trying to call it in. Time to start looking for other service.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Well to be honest. it sounds like they are doing the right thing by having someone come out. While it could be your modem. It could be the line just as easily. You can ping your router/modem. but cannot ping the internet. So the problem is either the modem connection to the dsl (possible bad modem) or a problem on the line. If they think its the line, then you have a good chance of that being the issue. Most of the time its hard to get them to come out, so if they offer to come out to check the line. that is a bonus.

rgl
Enthusiast - Level 1

After 5 calls, I finally got an appointment for the technician to come to the house.  I wasn't happy as they gave me a 8 hour block for which the tech would show up.  Sure enough, by modem was bad.  The policy here is you have to order a new mode thru the phone, so I couldn't even get one from the tech.  

0 Likes
bonjamerican

The CS w/ Verizon is the same no matter where you're located because customers all call to the same call center and they suck.

I've been trying to get service since 6/4/10 and was told that because the previous tenant nver disconnect their service, it would delay my activation.  I was then given a new Service-Ready-Date of 6/11/10.  Don't be fooled by that date!

When I called to find out about my activation, it felt like an old New Edition song because they told me that "there's something wrong with my line" and would have to send a technician out to check it. 

They told me I should be receiving a call as to when the tech would be coming out.  Well. today is 6/15/10 and no call.  I call them back and they keep telling that the ticket is still pending.

Can you say **bleep** off.  If I wanted poor customer service and tech support, I would have stayed with Comcast.  At least I had service.

0 Likes