Lousy DSL connection after "service" by Verizon
modemdoldrum1
Enthusiast - Level 2

We placed a service call for no phone service last week. Someone came out and "fixed" it, but only after we showed him where the problem was. Ever since he left. the speed of my "High Speed" DSL is worse than dial-up in thr 90's. I pay fro the Enhanced service, which is supposed to be between 3.1 and 7 Mbps. My service has always been around 5-5.5 Mbbs. After his "service", I am getting 1.6Mbps download speed, and 136Kbps -yes, Kbps upload speed. I cannot update my virus protection, because the upgrade times out. Netflix won't even connect, and forget about websites. The only way to access my banking is to use my phone as a hotspot (using data, of course). The kids can't even do their online homework. I contacted Verizon via email, but got no response (surprise, surprise). If this does not get fixed soon, I will cancel all Verizon residential services. I pay $200 a month for dial-up? Not any longer..

0 Likes
Re: Lousy DSL connection after "service" by Verizon
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're talking to customers here.

Verizon doesn't do support by email.  You may have emailed someone at Verizon, but it won't get you support.  If you want to reach Verizon support you need to call or chat with them.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
wilster006

I called last night and Veriozn told me to post my problems in the forums and they read and answer. Another lie from them?  Ill copy and repost my message to their emails  lol  This is crazy!

0 Likes
santonio98

Yeah i was supposed to get higher speed DSL to 10mbs on the 23rd but that day came and went, they called me tonight to tell me i had the upgrade and to check on speedtest.bet, when i got home i did that.

No change , its still 2.87 mbs, so they lied to me.

thinking of going to charter now.

0 Likes