MAC AirPort not connecting to Home Network
thenobregas

I have a new MAC ProBook with Leopard OS and AirPort wireless capability and I am trying to connected to my Westell VersaLink Model 327w wireless router for Verizon Online.  The account on the router is open with no passwords and I have no problems connecting with my HP windows machine however when I attempt to connect with the MAC the AirPort sees the account but tells me that I need a WEP Password.  This doesnt make sense because there is no password required for my wireless account.  Am I missing something?  Is there a hidden password that  I am not aware of but the MAC sees?

Thanks

Jason

0 Likes
Re: MAC AirPort not connecting to Home Network
MVFiddle
I am having the same problem. The difference is that originally the computer had the wireless connection but then updated the computer which runs OSX 10.4.11 and it was after the updates ran that  the error message was like yours.  Anybody out there with any ideas??????????
0 Likes
MVFiddle
Problem Solved!  Call Verizon at 1 800 567-6789.  The Westel router needs to be up-dated.!!!!!! They will walk you through the steps and you will be back on in 15min.
0 Likes
bc20878
We found that the Westell and MAC didn't like each other and V sent out an Actiontec - no real issues after that..... but see my new question about new outage issues
0 Likes