Re: Major DSL Problems in Virginia
evlx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Annandale, VA [Fairfax County], and I've been getting crazy drops and spikes in ping.. I guess I'm not the only one.. =/

0 Likes
Kim_VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Arlington and I am getting similar disgustingly slow speeds every evening (7pm-11pm range): about 0.2 mbps down.  That is over ten times slower than what I am paying for.

I've called tech support 5 times over the last four weeks and it's been IDed as a "network control issue" but I was told Verizon will basically do nothing about it.  It appears that these issues are widespread (throughout the US), but Verizon is puzzlingly doing nothing.

I have just sent a letter to the Office of Consumer Affairs and the Attorney General in Virginia.  I suggest you all call or write them. 

(edit)

0 Likes
Kim_VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

(edit)

I have been a DSL customer for 5 years and would love to have the service I enjoyed for those years until a month ago.  However, the way to keep me as a customer is NOT to censor information on your forum, but to solve customer problems.

Others who are having this issue, simply google "Virginia Attorney General," "Virginia Public Service Commission," and "FCC" (edit).  It's a shame Verizon is forcing us to go to such lengths to have our problems solved.

0 Likes
evlx
Enthusiast - Level 1

called verizon tons of times about this...

techs were supposed to come between 1-7 yesterday

... no show .. no call..

i had to call them and they told me that the techs called me to tell me that they were coming "tomorrow"

well.. today, is tomorrow, and it's another no show.

they told me they'll call me in another 24-48 hrs and they might not even have to come on my 'premise'

and that they are checking the equipment to see if theres anything they can replace ?!?!?

0 Likes
Zixxer

Wow, the more I search the forums the more I realize I'm not alone.  I feel **bleep** for spending all that money on the N+ wireless stuff when it appears it really is the Verizon service.   Sounds like a call to Comcast may be in order.  While I understand growth and load on the networks can impact things you have to be able to support the service you sell or offer concessions when it doesn't.  If I'm paying for 3MBs I sort of hope I get that, at least 80%.

0 Likes