Missing tool bar
Banner360

Hello, just upgraded form Windows XP to Win 8 (wow, what change!) Finally got my internet set up, but can't find or figure out how or where the tool bar is to set up my favorites/book marks. I tried right ckicking the top by where you sign in and I get a drop down thingy with the pervious pages I was on. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Missing tool bar
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

What browser are you using? If you just set up Windows 8 I would *guess* you're in IE9, but that would just be a guess.

Let us know and someone will probably be able to walk you through displaying your Favorites Bar.

(I'm no help if it is IE9, since I don't have it. My recommendation would be to download Chrome, but I'm biased like that. Smiley Wink )

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which browser are you using as mentioned above? Windows 8 comes with Internet Explorer 10 and comes in two distinct flavors. You have IE10 Metro (the touch screen version of the browser) and then you have IE10 for Desktop, which is standard. In IE10 desktop, you should find the Favorites button on the top right of the window as a Star icon. Anything else would be a bit more difficult to point you to until we have more details.

0 Likes
Banner360

Hello, thanks for the reply. I've got IE 10. Probably over looking it, thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Banner360

Hello, I got the IE 10, but it don't have the touch screen. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes