Modem Router Combo - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! PLEASE HELP!!
melrodriguez

On my last bill I have a charge for "Change in Service and Partial Month" and under that it says: Modem Router Combo $34.99. Can someone please explain to me what this means! I DID purchase a router last month about a week or two after I recieved Verizon, but is this what this charge is pertaining to? I am so confused and the Verizon services are being of absolutely NO HELP. Somone please answer this! Thanks!

-desperate college student 

0 Likes
Re: Modem Router Combo - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! PLEASE HELP!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

it is a modem with a built-in wireless router as often defined by Verizon. I could define that as any modem that doesn't use true bridge mode, can function as a router (Wired or Wireless), or has NAT support.

Did you purchase a separate Router by any chance at a store or did you get one from Verizon either through their store or one you asked for over the phone? It may be a fee that can be taken off, as the supplied modem or router Verizon gives for service hook-up is often free.

0 Likes
Re: Modem Router Combo - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?! PLEASE HELP!!
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon sales may be more helpful than Verizon services when it comes to explaining your bill.  "Modem router combo" certainly sounds like the box Verizon would have shipped you.  Is the amount you mentioned about what you were expecting to pay? 

Do you know what a modem does?  Do you know what a router does?  Can you figure out what a modem router combo would do? 

0 Likes