Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

More than one modem if same?

danpro
Contributor
Contributor

More than one modem if same?

Message 1 of 2
(4,460 Views)

Ok, figured out our problem of having to have the downstairs modem reset stems from using two different modems, a Westell 6100, and a Westell 6100F.  The computers are too far apart to link both together, and the house is too old to rewire, and we are not doing the router thing.

What I am wondering is if we used 2 Westell 6100Fs, if we would have to reset the modems every time we used them?  Can anyone help?  Moving the same modem to the other computer ALSO seemed to cause problems.  Does that mean I can never move my computer to another room?  If so, I ain't too happy.

Cyndi, the better half.....

1 REPLY 1
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: More than one modem if same?

Message 2 of 2
(4,453 Views)
Since you do not want to wire OR rewire the house for Networking..

#1 How about using the existing power grid as a network?

#2 OR using wireless?

--

You can use the modem in another room..

It is just you have to be sure that every other device that uses the phone line, has a DSL filter.

The modem unless directed, should never behind a DSL filter.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title