Moving to new computer with Windows 7
weezo

Hi, got a new Dell Inspiron laptop for mother's day and tried to install the modem device and the Verizon software, but it would not take. At the end of loading the software, I got an alert that is was not the right OS. The disk says it is for Windows 2000 and XP and Vista. Do you have the software yet to work with Windows 7? If not, can you tell me what to download and install on the machine. I will have to download it to this computer and put it on a flash drive for the laptop. Thanks for your help.

Anne

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Moving to new computer with Windows 7
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you have those other computers online, you do not need to load Verizon software on your computer to get online for this Windows 7 computer.

0 Likes
outthedoor
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just bought a new modem from buy.com that was made specifically for Verizon DSL, now, every time I connect a computer for the first time it makes me register that computer and downloads software.  Is this necessary or normal?  Just curious to make sure it is behaving like it is suppose to.

0 Likes
mechanics600
Contributor - Level 2

This is standard procedure for Verizon modems.  I prefer using non Verizon modems but following the Verizon procedure is easy and does not cause any problems.

outthedoor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks mechanics600.  Everything else works fiine, so no real complaints.

0 Likes