My 1.5mb Plan dropped to 1mb Plan by Verizon, Why?
jsm180
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on the 1.5mb plan and noticed a speed drop to 7-800kb. I called support and was told that my plan has been dropped to 1mb and I could upgrade to 1.5mb for and additional $20 per month. I am on a closed loop, no phone plan. I had been paying $26.99 a month for 1.5mb, I received an email a couple months ago saying when my contract expires the rate will go up to $29.99 with no mention of a speed change. Now support tells me I can upgrade to 1.5mb (actually it is 3.0mb, but only 1.5mb is available where I live) for $46.99 a month. That's almost an 80% increase. Anyone else come across this?

0 Likes
Re: My 1.5mb Plan dropped to 1mb Plan by Verizon, Why?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Re: My 1.5mb Plan dropped to 1mb Plan by Verizon, Why?
jsm180
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted support twice by phone and also live chat, all told me the same thing, "that's the policy". I posted here to see if anyone has had this issue and also maybe someone from Verizon would take notice. It does not seem like a fair policy and has caused me to look elsewhere for a provider.

0 Likes