My DSL is PAINFULLY slow...
PeteX82
Enthusiast - Level 2

My "Highspeed DSL" is so terribly slow that I can barely do anything.  I've had it now for months, called in the tech support a few times, and they did a speed test and said that it was all good - but it's not.  I can't watch youtube videos - they consistently stop several times and buffer for a short video.  My wifes cell phone (3G not 4G) puts my DSL connection to shame.

Every so often when I talk to tech support, they'll do something on the back end and it'll improve slightly, but it's so god-awfully slow.  If this is as good as it gets - then I have to explore options for other things.  I'd hate to do that becuase the only other option (no FiOS) is my cable company and while they have great internet, they have horrid service.  

Today I did a speed test and my results were 1.59mbps download, and .67mbps upload.  I have 2 brand new (a few months old) windows 8 computers (one laptop one desktop) and one brand new macbook.  There seems to be no difference whether I connect wirelessly or hard-wired.  Macafee virus protection on all computers show clean and clear of viruses/spywhere.

My wife and are I both transitioning to positions where we will work a majority from home and need consistently reliable internet speeds now more than ever.

I don't know what to do - since the last time I called in after talking to the techs for a little over an hour, they seemed to think the speeds I'm getting were high for my area?  I really thought I was paying extra each month for an internet plan that is supposed to deliver more than that.

Please help - if possible.

Re: My DSL is PAINFULLY slow...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PeteX82,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: My DSL is PAINFULLY slow...
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We have not received any contract from you in some time now. Hopefully you have been able to achieve resolution. If you need any assistance, please feel free to make a new post here in this thread.

Thank you,

-Josh S

0 Likes