Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

My Internet speed is slower than it should be.

SOLVED
Warrior09
Contributor
Contributor

My Internet speed is slower than it should be.

Message 1 of 4
(8,170 Views)

My family has had verizon high speed internet for years but for some reason I decided to question the speed that we were getting. I went to the verzion website to look at the plans and we should be getting 1 Mbps download and 384 Kbps, but when I went to Speedtest.net to check out what speeds we were getting. I ran the speed test about 10 times and the results are about the same:

DOWNLOAD - 0.09 Megabytes per second

UPLOAD -        16.4 Kilobytes per second

What I want to know is why are the speeds not higher? Im thinking that verizon forgot to update our speed since the time when we first got it, about 4 or 5 years ago!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Warrior09
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My Internet speed is slower than it should be.

Message 4 of 4
(8,025 Views)

A Verizon Tech support employee helped solve the issue. Apparrently we still had the same plan when we started and were only getting 768 kbps download and were paying like $21 dollar for it. So we are going to upgrade and get the starter plan and pay $20 a month and get 1 MB download. I might even get the 3 MB download plan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mshinko
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 4
(8,074 Views)

seems like you are at dial-up speeds...call verizon dsl and get a tech out

Warrior09
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(8,060 Views)

Thanks for replying. When I get the chance I will call verizon tech support and ask them whats wrong and have them check out thte problem .I feel like I should have done this sooner. Dial-up speed, seriously?! Thats what we have been paying for!

Warrior09
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(8,026 Views)

A Verizon Tech support employee helped solve the issue. Apparrently we still had the same plan when we started and were only getting 768 kbps download and were paying like $21 dollar for it. So we are going to upgrade and get the starter plan and pay $20 a month and get 1 MB download. I might even get the 3 MB download plan.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title