My line problem or Verizon's ? Need help
grapecookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been an issue for my DSL recently. I would say around 6 months now, before that the DSL didn't have any problem at all.

• Everytime, it's rain regardless heavy or not and there is wind. I start to loose connection. My modem keeps restarting
  • After the modem restarted, myDSL speed slowed down significant. Also, noise margin dropped, line attenuation is increase
  • And the restarting modem, kept on like every 5-10mins interval.Until the weather was back normal (sunny and no wind)
  • I talked with Verizon technician once on Monday this week when the same situation happened. I had the speed fix, but it happened again since yesterday.

here is my transceiver static when it's normal weather

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)3358863
Margin (dB)27.317.7
Line Attenuation (dB)25.511.3

This is today transceiver static after the rain yesterday.

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)2444271
Margin (dB)6.19.8
Line Attenuation (dB)36.519.8

Sometimes, the speed even dropped down to 1.1Mbps or lower

So, it kind unstable speed I have when the weather is bad.

my phone line from the NID box to phone jack is CAT-3

my questions are :

• so does my line has problem ? Or is it Verizon control system or something?
  • If it is my line problem, do I need to replace my phone line ?
  • If I need to replace my phone line, how can I do it? Call Verizon ?

If there is any information that is helpful to solve my problem, please let me know. Appreciate all your answers

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My line problem or Verizon's ? Need help
grapecookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

ah...never this question...I already called Verizon support and had the problem solved. kind of...

my line doesn't have any problem, neither the internet. So the technician can't find any problem at all.

-close thread-

View solution in original post

0 Likes
grapecookie
Enthusiast - Level 2

ah...never this question...I already called Verizon support and had the problem solved. kind of...

my line doesn't have any problem, neither the internet. So the technician can't find any problem at all.

-close thread-

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm tempted to say there is a line problem here, that Verizon's going to need to search for. Your stats shouldn't go from great to terrible due to a phone call or due to weather.

If your landline has static on it during a rain storm or wind storm, call Verizon voice repair and have the line serviced. It needs it badly if it's getting to that point. I suggest calling Verizon from a Mobile phone to save on some hassle when the rep tries to run a line test.

0 Likes
darst2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to my world. I just got off the phone (my cell phone) with verizon..... their so called help is no help at all.

Everytime it rains, our landline meeses up. We don't get cell service at my house so I have to drive smewhere to get cell service, only to wait for 20 plus minutes to talk to someone who can't do anything for me!! Very frustrating!!!

If I had other options at this location I would drop verizon in a heart beat!!

0 Likes