My parents emails are getting undeliverable messages
JeroldLopez

My folks use verizon and my dad has been sending emails that end up getting an "undeliverable" message, but in reality his emails are going thru.

He has sent several test emails to my address (non-verizon) and they all got thru.

I've got him receiving a delivery receipt from his outlook program and he is getting them to verify that at least they got to the receiving end's server.

He told me today that he noticed that the undeliverable message is referring to an outgoing email that ends in verizon.com instead of verizon.net

I'm wondering why he's getting anything referring to an email that ends in .com since verizon emails end in .net???....???

Is there an issue with the verizon servers since the messages are going thru despit the message?

0 Likes
Re: My parents emails are getting undeliverable messages
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If he's getting a message about a verizon.com address, then he probably has verizon.com somewhere in his client settings. Have him try sending from webmail and see if he gets the same undeliverable message. If he doesn't, then he needs to check the settings in his client.

0 Likes
Re: My parents emails are getting undeliverable messages
JeroldLopez

I'll have to look to see if anything has changed in his settings, but this has only been happening for the last 3 weeks to a month.

Prior to that, everything was working as it should and they've had their verizon email in outlook up and running for several years.

0 Likes