Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

My ports are blocked.

Mysteryman2000
Contributor
Contributor

My ports are blocked.

Message 1 of 4
(5,459 Views)

So I am trying to play on my Xbox 360 and it is suppose to be a free weekend of Gold membership.  When the gold was not coming up I called microsoft.  To make the story short I ended up finding out my NAT is moderatly allowing traffic.  Which means some of the ports I need are blocked.  I have a Westell 6100G modem.  Does anyone know how I can unblock all my ports so I won't have problems like this again?  Right now my gaming capabilities are being messed with which makes me mad, and I am paying for a service that is suppose to help me, but want to charge extra for the "Experts" to fix my problem.  Can anyone please explain how to fix it so I may enjoy my gamin online in peace and not get horded by 5,000 covenant by myself.

3 REPLIES 3
dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: My ports are blocked.

Message 2 of 4
(5,391 Views)

#1 If you have that modem and another router, follow this FAQ

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

#2 If you do not have another router, which router firmware are you using?

a) The White and Blue?

b) The Red and Black?

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Mysteryman2000
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(5,368 Views)

No router it is a direct connection from the wall jack to the modem to the Xbox, computer, whatever it gets connected to at the time.

dslr595148
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(5,338 Views)

Ok.

Which firmware are you using? This is could be the White and Blue OR the Red and Black.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title