NEW HARDWARE FOUND
bs0mem

HELLO,OK HERE IS THE BACKGROUND,  I UPGRADED TO A FASTER DSL, WESTELL 6100G MODEM, WHEN I HOOKED IT UP IT DID NOT COME WITH A CDROM SO I HAD TECHNICHAL SUPPORT HELP ME INSTALL IT,  NOW EVERYTIME I LOG ON, SURF THE WEB, WATCH A VIDEO, THE NEW HARDWARE WIZARD POPS UP EVERY TIME TELLING ME THE NEW DEVICE IS INSTALLED IMPROPERLY AND THEN PROMPS ME TO INSERT THE CDROM, WITH OUT THE CDROM HOW DO I GET THIS MESSAGE TO STOP POPPING UP,  I AM RUNNING WINDOWS XP? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP WITH THIS.

0 Likes
Re: NEW HARDWARE FOUND
bs0mem

AND WELL VERIZON TECH SUPPORT IS TELLING ME IT IS DELL'S PROBLEM TO FIX AND DELL TELLS ME IT IS VERIZON'S PROBLEM SO AFTER MY HEAD SPUN AROUND TWICE I THOUGHT I WOULD ASK SOME FELLOW COMPUTER FOLKS TO SEE IF THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO ASSIST ME. 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 I do not how much I can help you, but I will try.

#2 How did you try to connect your computer to the modem?

For example, you used the USB OR the Ethernet Cable.

#3 When you said log-in, you meant log-in..

a) ...typing in your Verizon PPPoE user name and password?

b) ... and where did you log-in from?

For example, you logged in on your computer OR from the modem?

0 Likes
bs0mem

i just plugged my new modem into the computer my modem has a usb connection and an ethernet connection  i am running windows xp  and when i log on from the users page i get the new hardware found message when i go thru the steps to install it properly it has drivers not found i have tried finding the drivers from westell and dell installed what i could but none of them work i called verizon support and they tell me its dells problem so i called dell and they tell me its verizons problem and i cannot figure this thing out.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an ethernet connection on your PC..

#1 Use that instead.

#2 Then unistall the driver for that modem.

--

If you do not have an ethernet connection on your PC, you can use an USB to ethernet (the usb side connects to your computer and the ethernet side connects to the modem combo) adapter.

^^

0 Likes