Need direct, WORKING, link to re-download the Verizon Internet Security Suite (VISS) program!!
sharperms

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and need to get VISS back onto my system.

I tried the "access now" button at Manage Broadband Essentials & Extras, but it just kept redirecting me to my Verizon Central personalized homepage.

I tried the VISS "Launch Service" button on the Verizon Central personalized homepage, but it only takes me back to Manage Broadband Essentials & Extras.

I tried going through the Verizon-Yahoo Member Center Home pages, under the "Products & Services" tab. I clicked on the option for VISS. At the bottom of that page is this message: "Already have Verizon Internet Security Suite and want to download or activate? Click here". However, when I do "click here" I am again redirected to a page that shows "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Page" even after I refresh the page.

I took a chance and tried utilizing chat support, but they are never useful.

I tried to get help by email support, but, again, that produced no usable results.

I tried calling techinical support, but after several automated messages, all I got was a message that there are some outages in our calling number area, and then the system wanted me to go back to the main menu. So, that was no help, either.

Now, when I try to access Broadband Essentials & Extras, there is this message: "Unable to show offers, please try again later"

I was even going to go ahead and upgrade to the 6-computer VISS option, but, once again, the link to order merely took me straight to my Verizon Central personalized page....again.

I am dizzy from all these circles that lead to nowhere. This is getting ridiculous now.

I am so frustrated that there is not an easy-to-find, direct, working download link, so that I can easily find and reinstall the VISS program on my computer! 

Mrs. S.

0 Likes
Re: Need direct, WORKING, link to re-download the Verizon Internet Security Suite (VISS) program!!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

https://www.verizon.net/ssowebapp/viss/download.jsp

or http://yourfile1.us   (no www)

The first one is the latest software, but you have to be logged into verizon.net to get to that link.  so I would use it over the other.  the other has the older VISS.

0 Likes
Re: Need direct, WORKING, link to re-download the Verizon Internet Security Suite (VISS) program!!
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

a link that I just used that worked is  tinyurl.com/rxgsd

But if you "upgraded" to windows 7 from xp or vista you need to make sure that you uninstall Viss from the computer. Then download and install from scratch. Once you get to the site, it will ask you to confirm your username and password and install an active x program. Once this happens you will probably get into an endless loop everytime you click retry it will have you do the active x again. seems to be a glitch on windows 7's part. when this happens, just copy and paste the web address into a second IE window (dont clost the first until you start downloading). I've helped 3 of my neighbors do this the last couple of days and it worked in each case.

0 Likes