Need email for complaint escalation re DSL
Timbarina1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have had Verizon home and wireless for over 20 years. Home worked reasonably well back when I had FIOS in a major city, although it was a huge pain to get anything fixed when it did not work. Now I live in a much smaller boondocks and am stuck with DSL as FIOS is not available where I live. Been having an issue for many months and get different answers every time I call and every time a technician comes to my home.

DSL is incredibly slow and goes through periods where it shuts down constantly. Was cycled through a variety of bologna reasons, the most recent being that the previous owner of my phone line was sold a speed of 15 mbps, which the phone line is incapable of supporting. Verizon refuses to downgrade internet speed to 3 or 5 mpbs, and Verizon also refuses to upgrade the equipment to a phone line that can handle the 15 mpbs speed. Last tech that came to my home did a little more research on his end and explained that once a service is upgraded, one is ”stuck” with it, whether it works or not.

I fail to see why I should be stuck with lousy service because Verizon fails to downgrade and / or upgrade service and / or equipment to make my service functional.

This is entirely unreasonable and unacceptable.

I would like to know to where I can escalate this dilemma, preferably by email so as to have it in writing. 

I’m paying for it. Make it work correctly, please. 

0 Likes
Re: Need email for complaint escalation re DSL
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Timbarina,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes