Need help with getting DSL service fixed (and how to get the right technical support)
DSLDOWN

My 8 year old Verizon supplied modem was so unreliable that I purchased a replacement on Saturday 1/2.  It didn't work so I called technical support.  The rep told me that they would open a ticket and have them 'clear the lines'.  I initially resisted and wanted to just use the old modem but.....she said they already opened the ticket and it would only take 24 hours.  Since that initial conversation, I have called many times.  Each time I have gotten a different answer from the support person on what the problem is and when it will be fixed.  It has been the worst customer service experience I can recall.  As of this writing I still don't have the DSL service restored and there is no ETA for it to be fixed. I did call Comcast and they installed their internet service in less than 24 hours, which is how I am writing this now.   Next to the Verizon website, which by the way is ridiculously bad (and should be featured on uTube), this is the most dysfunctional service mechanism I have ever encountered.  

Does anyone know how to get technical support problems resolved and where to escalate when things don't happen?

Kind regards.  

0 Likes
Re: Need help with getting DSL service fixed (and how to get the right technical support)
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you would like me to look into the problem for you please PM me your DSL number. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Need help with getting DSL service fixed (and how to get the right technical support)
conticarl

Hi kevin, I don't mean to step on any bodys toes but I read your reply to DSLDOWN and I have been having the same problem for a time now. At first I thought it was my browser (Firefox)  and I changed to Explorer but it's the same thing. I can go to some pages but some just sit there blank and spin the little wheel in the tab. If I turn the modem off and on, the page will appear as the modem is rebooting but will hang up on the next one.

I have the faster broadband (up to 7.mbps) and a westell 6100 modem. My connection is a loop line, I have no phone, just the internet.. I live in St  Petersburg  Florida and I would be happy to give you my e-mail if you need more info. Tell me who I could  call to get this fixed without a runaround. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, Conticarl.

0 Likes