Need to change firewall settings to allow use of proxy server
Lemon4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to change my Verizon firewall settings to allow me to use a proxy server.  I am able to use the proxy server only if I disable the Verizon firewall. In the past I was able to use the proxy server even with the Verizon firewall set to Typical Security, but within the past couple of months Verizon has apparently changed something and this is no longer possible.

I have looked at the Port Forwarding menu and really have no idea what to do with it.  I see there is also a Custom Security option, but I am definitely not an "expert user" and don't know what to do there either.  I have the URL for the proxy and I know which port it needs to be sending data through, but I don't understand what I need to do to make the firewall allow this.

Can anyone explain to me exactly how I can change my firewall settings to allow me to access the Web via a proxy server? 

0 Likes
Re: Need to change firewall settings to allow use of proxy server
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

In order to know what to fix, it would be really helpful to know what actual problem you're having. What error do you get when trying to use your proxy server? Can you give us any specifics about your proxy server / configuration so we can try to duplicate your issue?

Re: Need to change firewall settings to allow use of proxy server
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also, what dsl modem/router do you have.   manufacturer and model number.