Neighbors Have High Speed Internet but Systems Says Not Available
rottylover2

Hello,

I have been trying for the past week to get High Speed Internet with Verizon.  Two times I received an email saying… Although your line qualified for High Speed Internet service during the initial phases of the order process, unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with Internet access on your line ending in 0602 .

I live in a small subdivision on the outskirts of Colonial Beach, Virginia with approximately 500 homes.

I have two neighbors, one on each side of me i one  would be the closest to the substation) and another neighbor about one block past my house.  The second neighbor drives past my house every day to get to their house.

I spoke with a local Verizon employee who told me the computer was turning down the High Speed Internet because of distance and that I needed to have someone at the local office, over-ride the automatic turn down so that it would be installed.  After the second computer automated turn down, I spoke with Eric – he said to give the next tech this information – Acct Number XXXXXX  Order Number XXXXX at the DSL Technical support so we could get this resolved.  The DSL Technical support guy was NOT interested in obtaining the account number or Order number Eric gave and said either the Router was filled or I was too far from the Loop.  I explained the neighbors and it still didnot seem to matter.  He was foreign and we did seem to have a significant language barrier.  He then transferred me back to Sales. 

Over and over I requested to speak with the actual Local Office in Warsaw, VA so I could be given a reasonable explanation.   I spoke with a woman who said the two neighbors were closer to the loop than me.  When I asked how this was possible if I am in the center of the two she said maybe it was because of a curve in the road?  She also said she was the local office but was not able to tell me where that office was located so obviously it was not the actual "local" office.

How can I get someone to physically come out and determine why I cannot get High Speed Internet?  Who can I contact to make a formal complaint.  

Thank you for any input.

0 Likes
Re: Neighbors Have High Speed Internet but Systems Says Not Available
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Here, maybe, is a FAQ that explains why

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1214

All DSLR (.dslreports.com) FAQs » Verizon Online DSL FAQ » 3. General » Verizon says no DSL, but neighbor yes?
0 Likes