Neighbors have DSL, not available to me, right next door
BouncerX

Im trying to get DSL, its been 3 years and first time i received the modem 3 years ago on the activation date they couldnt activate it for whatever reason. Now my neighbors have had DSL for nearly a year, and their right next door, in a TWIN building, (2 families) so what is this nonesense? why cant i get it as well. i checked my and neighbors adress on the availability check and both are unavailable...the support seems to follow the same "availability" database as well, what can i do from here

0 Likes
Re: Neighbors have DSL, not available to me, right next door
jaquick

That's a good question!  I know a guy who had a similar problem with Embarq. They told him that he couldn't be any further than 1700 ft from the nearest box,and that he wasn't,  and he said, "There's one across the street!" So they hooked him up.  In my case I'm 1000 ft from the nearest box, and I was trying to find out what the precise limits were, but "Monica" in Bangalore wasn't co-operating.

My understanding is that it's an issue of distance rather than number of accounts on the line, so right next door shouldn't matter that much.

0 Likes
Re: Neighbors have DSL, not available to me, right next door
mjaeb

We had the same exact problem.  It was a nightmare.  Our neighbor in front of us had it, and when I ordered it, they kept canceling the order saying we didn't qualify, that we were too far away from the box.  This went on for a couple of months until a new house was built  to the right of ours and Verizon came and temporarily ran THEIR phone line from our house using our extra line.  When I talked to the neighbor, she said they had DSL.  Well that made exactly no sense since technically they were **bleep**her from the box than we were since their line ran from our house to theirs.  Long story short, I called Verizon and asked to speak to a supervisor.  I had that supervisor give me a LOCAL contact at the Verizon office a few miles from the house.  After making a few more calls I got a call back from a local sales rep who apologized and said she would send out our modem overnight no charge and  have a tech at my house the very next day.  We've had DSL ever since.  Up to this point I could not get them to even send me a modem because some automatic system would get my order, identify us as too far away to qualify, and automatically cancel the order.  Call customer service and demand to speak to a supervisor and then  have that supervisor give you a number at a local office.  Keep calling until you get someone who will listen to what you have to say.  If you really want it, you can get it, it is just a pain in the [edit].  Good luck.

0 Likes