Switch Account

Netbook and Router/Modem

Netbook and Router/Modem

Contributor joejohn
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(4,741 Views)

Forgive my tech ignorance, but here's what I'm hoping to do with a new Verizon high-speed account: The only computer in my house will be a netbook with wireless (but no CD drive). Will I be able to set up the Verizon modem and router and connect wirelessly with the netbook without using a computer that has a CD drive for the Verizon Online account and modem installation?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 4
(4,692 Views)

Open any browser window and type in https://activate.verizon.net/launch/welcome and follow the screen menu.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Contributor joejohn
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(4,683 Views)

I checked the information in the link, but it says the computer to be used must be connected directly to the modem. This is my problem. I'm using a netbook that has no modem, only an internal wireless adapter. Therefore, I have to find a way to activate the Verizon modem and install the router without using a computer that is directly connected.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(4,620 Views)

#1 I know it says to do that.

#2 Just try ignoring that direction and follow the rest of the directions..

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.