Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router w/ DSL Modem on Verizon
Judson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before I spend any money, can anyone advise if Verizon DSL is supported with the Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router w/ DSL Modem?

0 Likes
Re: Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router w/ DSL Modem on Verizon
Judson2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, answered my own question. Went ahead and got one. Only had to clone the MAC address from the Westell due to the screwed up DHCP scope that is used. Works like a champ.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually, I think you'll find that if you turn off the modem for a period of a few hours (long enough for the DHCP lease to expire), then you won't need to clone the MAC address either.   However, there is nothing wrong with using the cloned address approach.

brwncntycoyote

How do I find the Westell information...tried hooking up netgear modem/router and spent forever on tech support they could never get an isp from verizon.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@brwncntycoyote wrote:

How do I find the Westell information...tried hooking up netgear modem/router and spent forever on tech support they could never get an isp from verizon.

This FAQ will help you

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

If you have any questions about that, please post ( When you post, please tell post if you are using the White and Blue OR the Red and Black Westell Firmware ).

0 Likes
mrzmarx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you tell me how you got this to work for you? I tried and couldn't get internet access. I get to like IPoA connection detected and then get lost. If you have any help I would be grateful. Thanks!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mrzmarx wrote:

Can you tell me how you got this to work for you? I tried and couldn't get internet access. I get to like IPoA connection detected and then get lost. If you have any help I would be grateful. Thanks!

#1 You want to use your Netgear Wireless-N 300 with your existing modem?

#2 If you modem is one these: Westell 2200, 6100, 6100F, 327W, and 7500 models.

a) Did you see that FAQ that I pointed you to?

b) If so, please tell post if you are using the White and Blue OR the Red and Black Westell Firmware.

#3 If your modem is not one of those, what is the brand and model of your modem?

0 Likes
mrzmarx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey thanks for responding. i looked at the faq but I thought the n300 would replace the modem all together? I have a 7500 with the red and black firmware.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok.

Do the following.

#1 Connect a computer directly to your modem.

#2 Make sure that you can access the net

#3 With a web browser try go to 192.168.1.1 and go to System Monitoring -> Gateway Status.

If you are prompted for a Username and Password, try one of the following:

admin/password
admin/password1
admin/admin
admin/admin1
Your Verizon username/password

#4 The screen of your router will look something like the screen that you see at

http://screenshots.portforward.com/Westell/A90-750015-07/Gateway_Status.htm

#5 Look for Broadband Connection Type is, in your modem combo.

#7 What is it ( PPPoE, DHCP )?

--

http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/12150

0 Likes
mrzmarx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi sorry for the delay, I've been tryig to mess with it and it worked for a little bit but cut out again. It says PPPoE under gateway.

0 Likes