New Actiontec GT784 Router and Vista machines
Whiteyguitar1

Got 6 Machines, 2 with Windows 8 got online no problem 1 with windows 7, online with no problem the others all have Windows Vista and they connect to the router but only Local Access no Internet conection, 2 of them are the same exact machine and Hardware just different operating systems, 7 no problem but all 3 Vista machines won't connect, so I'm thinking it's Vista, any Help please...

0 Likes
Re: New Actiontec GT784 Router and Vista machines
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure all of your network drivers are up to date for the Vista machines, and also consider disabling IPv6 on Vista if updating drivers doesn't have a problem. For the network drivers, get them from the chipset maker, rather than the PC manufacturer. The generic drivers from the chipset maker are often a lot newer, and tend to work fine regardless.

0 Likes
Whiteyguitar1

ll give that a shot thanks 

0 Likes
browntbdd

I spoke with actiontec and others- google this issue

these new routers with wpa2 security will not work with Vista

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

WPA2 should work absolutely fine on Vista. It works on Windows XP which is much, much older. I've set many folks up with WPA2 security, and I even use WPA2 security here at home without an issue.

I'm still placing bets on this being a driver issue, or possibly something up with the way the key is being entered in. IPv6 features on Vista could be an issue still but I have not encountered any issues caused by this.

0 Likes