New computer
newbie25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new computer and am working to set it up.  Someone please take me by the hand and walk me through the process of getting Verizon set up here, with a working desktop icon.

Thanks a million times in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New computer
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Open your browser and type http://activate.verizon.net/ . Click the prompt for DSL and follow the instructions.

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Open your browser and type http://activate.verizon.net/ . Click the prompt for DSL and follow the instructions.

newbie25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  Another question.  How do I stay signed in all the time?  Getting a time off and need to sign in each time.

newbie2

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

When you are on the sign in screen there is a box to check to stay signed in. I believe it will only keep you logged in for 14 days.

0 Likes
newbie25
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I "x" out of the page, but not sign out, come back a time later, I get the message time out message and have to sign back in.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

What internet browser are you using?

0 Likes
newbie25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Forgive my ignorance.  I'm jumping into 7 from xp and my knowledge is so very limited.  I had mozilla then opted for bing.  Now when I click on the bing icon, I get 2 browsers.  One is bing and the other is MyVerizon.com and I don't want Verizon.

Help, please. 

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Bing and my verizon are are web pages. What browser are you using to open these pages?

0 Likes
newbie25
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mozilla Firefox. 

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Go to settings and click the privacy tab at the top. Now under the history section make sure it is set to remember history.

0 Likes