New dsl member and loads of ?'s
Anthona
But I would only ask a couple for now. I had to buy my modem from Verizon....why does Verizon charge for this modem and if I decide not to stick as a member, do I gert reimbursed? Also, I was told that this modem also has a wireless connection in it, so I do not need to use my personal router. Well, I unhooked the cable of my router which was plugged into my modem and my other laptop could not get on line. I replugged the cable and sure enough I was able to get on line with my laptop, but the modem is plugged into my desktop...so where is the benefit of the verizon as a modem, wireless and router?
0 Likes
Re: New dsl member and loads of ?'s
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If Verizon sent you a wireless DSL modem/router it gets plugged into the phone line, electrical outlet and all hard wired computers into the Ethernet ports on the back. All wireless connections need to be changed to the new SSID and security settings before they will be able to connect. You do not get reimbursed for the modem/router. If you bought it you own it.
0 Likes
Anthona

You do not get reimbursed for the modem/router. If you bought it you own it.>>>

That sucks...what good is if for any other use...most likely a proprietary unit. ..at least Time Warner lends it to you and you just return it if u leave them. Why can't all these isp's be consistenet?

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
When I signed up for DSL 8 years ago I got the modem for free if I kept service for 1 year. If I didn't keep service for the year then I had to return the modem to Verizon.
0 Likes
Anthona
Does this mean i would get the same benefit if i hold on past 1 year? I was not told this, nor did I ask when I signed on.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You get what you signed up for. What did they tell you when you signed up? If you don't know I guess you should call and ask.
0 Likes