New modem, can't connect
whymeohwhy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon just sent me a new modem, but I do not have the installation CD.

I am using DSL now with my borrowed parents' modem, but I cannot get the new modem to connect. The modem is an Actiontec gt704wg. It connects to DSL fine, and I have my user id and password in the pppoe section of the modem setup.

Any tips or advice on how to manually connect please? I called verizon tech support but the guy just didn't understand my problem and put me on hold for 20 min before disconnecting me. If verizon had sent me a modem and installation CD to begin with, everything would have been alright.

Please help, thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New modem, can't connect
whymeohwhy
Enthusiast - Level 2
UPDATE: Actiontec GT704WGB smashed bits and pieces for sale or relocation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
whymeohwhy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My main problem is that DSL is connected, but it says PPP DOWN. I don't know why verizon is so secretive about setting up your own @%#^! modem. Superb service in a superb crap filled environment.

Yay! I'm so happy. Scoured the internet for days now, still no luck. Should I try calling the service rep again? Only to unplug my modem, plug it back in, wait for several line tests and about 45 min later still have no solution. Maybe the best thing to do is just get Brighthouse. Keep up the good work verizon. Someday your empire will fall and I will rejoice.

0 Likes
whymeohwhy
Enthusiast - Level 2
UPDATE: Actiontec GT704WGB smashed bits and pieces for sale or relocation.
0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

Let me see if I can find you some help, whymeohwhy. 

Regards,

0 Likes