Newest Verizon DSL Modem/Router
jknight988
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I have had Verizon high speed internet DSL service since 2006.  I have the Westel Model 327W modem/router.  I would like to obtain Verizon's current wireless modem/router.  What is that model and how do I obtain it?

Re: Newest Verizon DSL Modem/Router
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Honestly if there is nothing wrong with the 327w, I wouldn't replace it until it starts to bite the dust. It is handy to keep a spare around though 🙂

Right now the latest Verizon will give you would be either a Westell 7500 Router, an ActionTec GT704WGB Router, or a Westell 6100 modem (also a router but no wireless and only one Ethernet port).

0 Likes
jknight988
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the good advice Smith6612.  Looks like there is nothing to gain by replacing a functioning 327W.  I guess wishful thinking on my part for newer capabilities!

kamie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

how does one get a new router?  I have a westell 327W that keeps dropping wireless signals, should I just call verizon support and request a new one?

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kamie wrote:

how does one get a new router?  I have a westell 327W that keeps dropping wireless signals, should I just call verizon support and request a new one?

That would be the only thing you should need to do. If you tell them the wireless is dropping and no solution solves the problem, they should send off a new one.

0 Likes
Chief_Michael
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Westell modem bit the dust or I should say went up in smoke.  I call support and they sent me a new mode 7500 for free.  I had it in two days,   The people at support were great to talk to.  The only complaint was that the 7500 is a "G" band wireless and I run on "N" so I had to disable the wireless broadcast.  Works great as a modem, have never lost the signal that I am aware of.