Next speed tier for DSL
mscioscia

I need to get a hold of someone technical at my CO.  Verizon sales tells me I am at the max speed for my location but I have little faith in them because it literally took me 14 phone calls and multiple escalations to get them to even realize that it is available at all at my address.  According to the line attenuation I should be able to achieve speeds in the next tier but they won't even let me try.  Any Advice???  I would like to at least try streaming can be a little spotty sometimes on the 1.5 - 3 Mbit plan.  I tend to hit the max when downloading from Steam for example, about 360 KBytes or so.

0 Likes
Re: Next speed tier for DSL
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mscioscia wrote:

I need to get a hold of someone technical at my CO.  Verizon sales tells me I am at the max speed for my location but I have little faith in them because it literally took me 14 phone calls and multiple escalations to get them to even realize that it is available at all at my address.  According to the line attenuation I should be able to achieve speeds in the next tier but they won't even let me try.  Any Advice???  I would like to at least try streaming can be a little spotty sometimes on the 1.5 - 3 Mbit plan.  I tend to hit the max when downloading from Steam for example, about 360 KBytes or so.

Can you show the full Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

0 Likes