No DSL or internet today, 3/3/2011
Julie527
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I have done everything listed under troubleshooting on the website. Turned off the modem waited 25 seconds. Turn it back on. NOTHING> Turned modem off, unplugged everything from the wall the filter the everything, turned it back on and still nothing. The lights are:

POWER on

E1 lit

Wireless on

DSL blinking

internet nothing...

I have the Westell 327W modem, and remember updating the firmware on this several years ago. Has there been another update? and if so, if I can't connect, I can't update.

All was great last night, this morning has been a nightmare. 

Any ideas, any help?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No DSL or internet today, 3/3/2011
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried contacting Verizon?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
Julie527
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that has been difficult as well since my 3G hotspot with my phone has been iffy as well....so contacting VERIZON has been very tricky.

VERY INTERESTING THOUGH...as I continued to try to make everything work.

Lo and behold the DSL light came back on solid and the internet light is blinking...it's now 3:25pm.

Everything seems to be fine again. Though there were no mentions on SYSTEM status.

I'll have to keep an eye on this...

Julie527
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just found out that my area is experiencing outtages today. I was not able to access System Status that would let me know that, since I did not have internet or intermittent internet. 

Wished that a text message could have been sent to my Verizon Wireless phone....since I am a loyal Verizon customer with a landline, internet and 3 cell phone lines...

RasCal928

I have also been having inactive DSL for the last two days.  It started over the weekend with intermittent outages and as of last night it was out completely.  I have been in and out all week and have not had a chance to call in to find out if my area is experiencing outages.  Where are you located Julie?

0 Likes
Re: No DSL or internet today, 3/3/2011 and today, 3/4/2011
Julie527
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still having internittent internet and DSL connections. AND live chats with Tech services yesterday and today.

Was told of outages yesterday and today no outages. Same issues still happening. Have had this service since 2008 at this home and never had any issues.

I am in SouthEastern PA and wondering what is going on?

0 Likes
xyaaj3
I am in south west florida and I have FIOS internet, I too am having internet connection issues. Early morning on 03/04/11 it was ok, then a few hours later, no connection, waited till evening, still nothing. I called tech support and went through the steps, unplugging everything, rebooting the router, etc. Got no connection, I spent over 1 hour on the phone with tech support. The earliest they can send someone out was 3 days from the current date of my issue, what a JOKE!!!! Trying to sa I got no power going to my box but guess what? The System Status is on and ok, modem lights ok, just the internet light don't work and I got no internet.

Waited for an hr later, went through the whole unplugging process and all of a sudden the internet worked!!! But only for 10 minutes and has since been dead. Never had this issue til now and I am not waiting 3 days for them to come look at it, if it doesn't work by tomorrow, the modem and all the fios wall plug ins are goin on my street and I will run it over several times with my truck and call verizon to come pick up their garbage and I will no longer their customer.
0 Likes
NetSec
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ElizabethS wrote:

Have you tried contacting Verizon?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

This is not a solution.  😞

0 Likes
Re: No DSL or internet today, 3/3/2011 and today, 3/4/2011
Lightcap1

It is now March 12th and I still don't have steady internet service. It goes on and then goes off after a short time. Just called live chat but I could tell it was someone out of the area shall we say. This person kept telling me it was outages in my area(I live in Southeastern PA) but this has been going on since Monday and before. I never had this problem all the years I'm with Verizon. I sure am disappointed!

0 Likes
pizzedoff
Enthusiast - Level 1
I live in North Texas. I'm on day 10 of my outage!!!! You can forget calling tech support..."PEGGY" can only say there's an outage caused by equipment failure and Verizon will call as soon as it's resolved! This is total **bleep**!!! Equipment failure all across the United Stated? And they sure are keeping it " hush, hush" since there's been no news of it anywhere! I'm going to see if one of my local TV stations will report on it!
0 Likes