Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

No Internet/Slow Internet

TD10468
Contributor
Contributor

No Internet/Slow Internet

Message 1 of 3
(4,064 Views)
Currently it is 4am est in NYC and I have yet to get more than 10 minutes of internet service. This is unacceptable. I have work to do on my computer and yet I find myself running back and forth to reset the modem only to hope the internet can stay connected. I've had verizon DSL for a year now and within that year I've had to schedule 2 technicians to come oht hecause of this very issue.

The first technician fixed the problem which lasted a couple of months and the last technician who came out about a week ago said the wires from the house to the pole was shorted. The internet worked for maybe 3 days before the same thing started happening again.

Bear in mind we don't have fios yet so I can't upgrade and in order to have DSL, I'm paying for phone service I don't even use. So I'm paying for services that I am not receiving at all. It's come to a point where I am stuck using my phone to do work and even to write this post.

This may be a rant but I am highly dissapointed and livid at this point.

And yes, I've been on hold, I've reset my modem, I've changed my SSID/Password, I've changed the channels, I've done pretty much everything but go outside and fix the damned wire myself.

I need someone to come out and fix this once and for all or I will be changing my service.
2 REPLIES 2
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No Internet/Slow Internet

Message 2 of 3
(4,038 Views)

This is a peer to peer support forum. For technical services, you need to contact Verizon directly.

sorrryagain
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No Internet/Slow Internet

Message 3 of 3
(4,003 Views)

I feel your pain.

But how would like to submit a problem or complaint only to be told you need to update your service before anyone looked into the issues(s)? Ha ya that's what happened to me.

After basically telling them I would drop my account if I had to buy a new equipment! ARGGGG then they got around to fixing the issue!!!!! GEZ

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.