No Ping to Service Provider
Maryann2993

The router I had wasn't working. I was sent a new one today. I plugged it in and the internet light isn't on the the DSL light is steady green. I went to router homepage and it said there are problems with your internet connection. I ran the test and it said service provider failure, no ping to service provider. I called customer service and the guy couldn't fix it. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: No Ping to Service Provider
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the rep in Verizon have you try to configure a PPPoE connection in your new modem? If the Internet light is out but DSL is on, and a PPPoE session can't be configured, this is usually a problem out in the network. I've seen bad line cards, bad Username/Password credentials, and more cause this type of problem. DSL being soid shows the signal is there.

0 Likes
Maryann2993

No. Just did the basics, tested the line, had me reset the modem, had me hook my laptop up to modem with Ethernet cable. He sent my ticket to central office and the commitment date was for today at 5 pm and I still don't have internet. Thanks for responding!  

0 Likes
Maryann2993

Talked to a representative after my commitment date and time and he told me that it should be working in the morning, and that once I turned the modem off and on everything would be working. It still didn't work. Talked to a representative that working and said central office is working on it now. Called later on to check on ticket said it won't be fixed until tomorrow... 

0 Likes
Maryann2993

I talked to them again this afternoon, now they're saying they have to replace the cables on the internet box or something like that and that they're are 135 customers in my area that don't have internet right now. I was also told that it wouldn't get fixed until thursday and I have been without internet for a week. If so many customers are having the same problems I'm having, why isn't the issue being fixed asap. It feels like Verizon doesn't care, as I have been getting the run around this whole entire process.

0 Likes
Really818

Did anyone get Verizon to fix this? If so, what was the fix

0 Likes
JLWNYC

I too would like to know if there's been any solution... I'm having the same problem right now in Manhattan after trying every possible reboot and reset on my modem via tech support in India for two and a half hours, and now every time I call Verizon, the repair date just gets punted further out into the future.  

0 Likes