No internet without a voice plan?
joanieriley

I received a letter stating that as of May 6th,Verizon is no longer offering internet unless you sign up for a voice plan.First of all,I received the letter yesterday May 14th,secondly,what makes them thinks their service is so good,I won't just drop them?Looks like I'm signing up for Xfinity.Shame on you Verizon

0 Likes
Re: No internet without a voice plan?
minded
Contributor - Level 1

If you already have a dry loop account, you will not have to add telephone unless you upgrade or change your internet in some way.

cyndie10301

Not true.  I had Dry Loop for 2 years and this past Friday, Verizon just disconnected me with no notification and no reason.  To reconnect, they're making me get a bundled voice plan.  I ordered Xfinity today and submitted a claim with the FCC.  I should have been grandfathered in and had made no changes to the account.  In fact, I had no contact with Verizon for this line since I went to the Dry Loop 2 years ago until they disconnected me and I'm still trying to find out WHO put the order through and WHY.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cyndie1030 wrote:

Not true.  I had Dry Loop for 2 years and this past Friday, Verizon just disconnected me with no notification and no reason.  To reconnect, they're making me get a bundled voice plan.  I ordered Xfinity today and submitted a claim with the FCC.  I should have been grandfathered in and had made no changes to the account.  In fact, I had no contact with Verizon for this line since I went to the Dry Loop 2 years ago until they disconnected me and I'm still trying to find out WHO put the order through and WHY.

Ouch. You might be one of our first posters to report such a disconnection here. I haven't seen the rest of the forums yet but before the whole mess of no longer having Dry Loop disconnects for moving to Dry Loop were common.

0 Likes
annfromjersey1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told this morning that I can not cancel my landline and keep DSL. I have been a DSL customer since 2005. Isn't since how Verizon rewards their loyal customers??

The whole reason I want to cancel the landline is we never use it, the $12 in taxes & govt fees and now we also have to $1.99 long distance fee for long distance we never use.

I'm switching my internet to Comcast and canceling the home phone as soon as Comcast is set up. Good job Verizon - losing a $50 phone bill over $1.99 long distance charge.

0 Likes