Re: 'Not Supported Method' using Google Chrome
Merv57Ask

I went through Verizon tech support. The guy instructed me to clean out my cookies twice a month (whatever!). I got into my main email account one time through Google Chrome. Then, when I tried my sub-accounts, I was back to "Not Supported Method."

This is ridiculous. I did send numerous messages through email and tech chat, indicating I'll be looking for a new Internet service provider if this problem isn't solved. Months ago, I had trouble with my Verizon email functioning properly with SAFARI. I swtiched to Google Chrome, and have been happy as a clam ... until today, when the "not supported" message began to appear.

Clearly, Verizon changed something, and needs to fix this problem.

I will NOT use IE or Safari. And I will NOT switch back and forth between two browsers just to get into my email. And I will NOT clean my history/cache/cookies every stinkin' time I want to access my email.

Verizon had better get its act together. I chose Verizon because I hate Comcast. But I need to be able to access my email for work. And If I can't do it easily through Chrome on Verizon, I'll find another company that can help me!

0 Likes
donegal1

I've had the same problem but it is easy to resolve...more than likely your anti-virus or firewall software has somehow blocked verizon...you need to go into your settings and with google chrome just unblock verizon by scrolling to the full access option.  Hope this helps:)

0 Likes
Mike_Agner
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's unlikely to be an anti virus or firewall issue if IE works consistently on the same machine that you have an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox. It would be blocked regardless. It would also block repeated refreshes of the same page (at times, like for me this morning, reloading the page 5 times finally got me in)

Mike

0 Likes
donegal1

It happens to me often.  I use Google Chrome.  Every time I check my anti-virus, for some reason GC has blocked the particular program.  I also have IE and this is not the case.  Seems to be a GC issue.  Every single time it has happened, I have gone into my AV and noticed that the program was blocked.  Allowing full access has resolved it every time, in a matter of seconds.  At least this has been my experience.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Mike_Agner
Enthusiast - Level 3

That makes no sense at all. If Norton or my firewall was blocking me from seeing my.verizon, I would never be able to access it - and yet, many times now, if I refresh the page several times, I get in. 

????

0 Likes
lcm2

I have been frustrated with this for 2 weeks. The refresh wasn't working. I just tried  a "new incognito window" and was able to get into verizon email. Hopefully it will work again. 

Merry Christmas!

0 Likes
muddflaperon

I have the same issue using latest Chrome, Win 7 and Zone Alarm anti-virus.  Time to cancel paper free billing and make them spend the money to create, send and receive all my billing info.  I'm certainly NOT using multiple browsers to do my work.  Also tried turning off ZA to see if it was blocking something in the login process.

What a convoluted website.  It is so overloaded with garbage content.  Where's the "I want to simply pay my bill" website?  Oh, yeah, there is none.

0 Likes
Mike_Agner
Enthusiast - Level 3

My netbook has almost the same configuration - I use the latest Chrome, Win 7 starter and Avast, with Zone Alarm for my firewall. I think you're going to find it has no effect, but good luck anyway...Mike

0 Likes
KathleenR

"I've had the same problem but it is easy to resolve...more than likely your anti-virus or firewall software has somehow blocked verizon...you need to go into your settings and with google chrome just unblock verizon by scrolling to the full access option.  Hope this helps"

Thanks for the reply quoted above, but how do you go into your settings?  I couldn't even reply to this thread using Chrome.  I am now on using IE.  But I need to be led by the hand.  What settings are people talking about? Chrome settings.  Do I need to start by clicking the toolbar in the chome browser?  Or are we talking about a Windows option.   

0 Likes
rimoldirino

Yes I had the same problem.  Called Verizon (800-837-4966) and got technical assistance from a person in India who loaded that sharing program and solved the problem for 2 days.  However, the problem "Not  Supported Method" is back again.  The gentelman from India said that the problem was with my Verizon server.  I called Verizon billing and requested an adjustment in my billing for not being able to solve the problem for 10 days because of my server. The billing guy talked to his superviser and made and made an adjustment of 

Yes I had the same problem and got technical assistance from India that loaded the Sharing Program. That solved the problem for 2 days.  Also complained to Verizon Billing Dept and got a $10 adjustmeent on my bill.

Now the problem has returned. I Will try to call technical assistance (800-437-4966) to solve the problem.

The guy from India said that the problem ws with the Verizon server.

0 Likes