Not receiving the speeds I should be
shelffoj

Hey everyone. I'm gonna get straight to it. The plan that we are paying for I believe is like.... 1-1.3 mb/s, but as of the past  couple months or so, we've been receiving speeds that are about 100-300 kb/s. If there's any way to fix this, I'd be forever grateful. hahaha, it's just very frustrating. Especially when speedtest.net mocks you, and reminds you that you are slower than 94% of the U.S.

My modem is an Actiontec GT784WNV.

If there's any way that someone could point me through the steps of accessing more information on my modem and it's activity as of late, it would be much appreciated.

Ultimately, I'm just looking to see if there's any room to increase the speeds that I've been getting and solve my issue, I would very much appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving the speeds I should be
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace) might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Remove that line. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

Step two: Step two: Provide the transceiver Statistics from your modem.

As how to do that..

#1 Log-in to the modem combo.

#2 In the modem combo go to Status.

#3 In there, somewhere in Status and it's sub menu(s) should info like:

Line Mode:
Data Path:
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed
Margin (dB)
Line Attenuation (dB)
Transmit Power (dBm)

#4 Once you find that page, post the info that is there.

#5 By sub menu(s), for example in Status - look in Connection Status and WAN Status

0 Likes
knaveguy

How to execute following steps ?

#1 Log-in to the modem combo.

#2 In the modem combo go to Status.

#3 In there, somewhere in Status and it's sub menu(s) should info like:

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The first thing to do is to follow Step One. After you complete that, it should be a simple matter of clicking some web links 🙂

Log into the modem by visiting this address: http://192.168.1.1/ and if prompted, use one of the following Usernames and Passwords:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/verizon

admin/verizon1

Your Verizon Username/Password

0 Likes