Once again,I have to reset the modem five times in a three hour period, plus new headaches
whit616
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, they've sent two modems and all goes well for a **bleep** week and then the service goes to hell. I have reset the modem eight times today, three times yesterday (6/6) and twice on 6/5. What am I paying so much moeny for? A headache.  I'm posting here to warn everyone away from verizon. don't use. They cannot fix anything. Today a new wrinkle....the modem decides to not play well with my wife's kindle fire, which in the two and a half years we've had it, has never had a problem connecting to the router. Today, for no reason, the kindle gave my the x error code. Recognizes the wifi, but cannot connect. So, since I am already booted up in the Verizon Management Console so I can keep on rebooting my **bleep** router, I check my network address and find that the router is not allowing the ip address for the fire to connect. Why? I don't know why? So I set up a static address. Six hours later it blocks my son's samsung tablet.  I am so sick of paying 50 plus dollars a month for absolute headache. If there was another internet service I'd use in a heart beat. I'm gonna keep complaining because that's all I can do. Verizon, you suck.

BTW...the fine people on this board are very helpful, the techs who are supposed to call never do. Ever. I have to call them despite having been told to expect a call in a few hours....right. 

Newbies to the board

Get a ticket number, always, report it to the customer service people you come into contact.

0 Likes
Re: Once again,I have to reset the modem five times in a three hour period, plus new headaches
whit616
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update. Only two hard resets in the last two days. Which is a plus. Speed is slow. Barely above regular speed. Definitely not what is advertised nor promised. Will keep updating. We are moving in the right direction. Just slowly. 

0 Likes
Re: Once again,I have to reset the modem five times in a three hour period, plus new headaches
cjs2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, we used to get banned, sent to the penalty box and sent up for review for language like that.

This is a bad sign.  It means they're getting used to it.

0 Likes
unhappyuser8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same answer I put on another  similar complaint:

I doubt this many users suddenly (in past 2-3 months) have home wiring issues. For me too, they sent a replacement box, with NO improvement.

Neighbors have the same complaints  Yes microfilters are installed everywhere except on DSL line. Yes we have tried connecting the DSL to various jacks in the house and moving the phone lines elsewhere. This is starting to be an epdidemy. On-site visits to check phone lines (if any Verizon technician really comes and truly checks) have done nothing. (other than billing revenue for Verizon).   This recommendation was given on another post: may be interesting to try if clarified:

"go to your Network Interface Devive"   "and plug in there at the test jack. If you hear noise it is Verizon's problem if you do not hear noise then it is a problem inside your house."

For me, the symptom is sudden drop in speed:   for example I play an on-line game called World of Tanks. It keeps reporting FPS and PINGS. The Pings are OK for a while (80-150msec) and suddenly explode to 250-999msec and the speed is gone until we reset the WIFI box  once or twice.  (That is with all other WIFI devices in the house already turned off --> what a shame to not be able to run 3-4 devices..

0 Likes
whit616
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been dealing with this problem since March. It's June. I've earned a little attitude.

0 Likes
whit616
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear your pain.

We've had to rest three times this morning alone.

Speed drops below what we pay for...to about 1-1.5.  I pay for enhanced...which is supposed to be 3.5 plus. It never is. 

The tech 2 never call, if they do, it's never when they say they are going to call.

Subcontracted customer service doesn't work

Verizon doesn't want to commit to providing a service

0 Likes