Only 3mbps avail in NYC???
aabbccddee1

Hello. I recently moved into a different apartment in Manhattan, now I ordered Fios on the website, being the only provider for my building and was happy with the 200/200 speed. This was maybe 1/2 weeks ago and I placed my install date for this upcoming Saturday being the only one available. Now yesterday I get a call from someone saying "the engineering department just got back to us and we don't have high speed internet available, the highest speeds are um 50/50 or 75/75, please call us to go over pricing" I was at work so I couldn't pick up, but called them back during my lunch break. I noticed that my order was automatically changed to 3mbps for $59.99 a month????? so I'm almost double for nearly 100% lower speeds? That's absolutely ridiculous. I spoke to another rep earlier who said "that's likely a system error, we just had an update so let me put you back to the 200/200 speed" and redid my order. Earlier today it got switched back to 3mbps for $59.99 again. I can't get a hold of my "local Verizon office" because of the intentionally convoluted customer service process but would love an answer to why I'm going from a gigabit connection from a different ISP to something from the early 2000s. pathetic.

0 Likes
Re: Only 3mbps avail in NYC???
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi aabbccddee,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes