Switch Account

Only the lowest DSL speed is available in my area

Only the lowest DSL speed is available in my area

Highlighted
Contributor Coscannon
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(476 Views)

I have Verizon Triple Play with DirecTV. I want to upgrade to a higher DSL speed but Verizon reps by chat and phone call tell me this is the only speed available in my West Los Angeles area.  How is this possible? Would I need a business account to get more speed?  Can I use another ISP provider for Internet if I'm already hooked up to Verizon?  Thanks for any info.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 2 of 4
(464 Views)

Yes you can have more than 1 ISP but a better solution may be to look into FIOS if  it is available.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, please give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem. Thanks !!!
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Fix-for-Missing-Inbox-sent-folders-etc-with-Internet-Explorer-11/m-p/647399
Highlighted
Contributor Coscannon
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(461 Views)

Believe me, if FIOS was available in this area, I'd have signed up for it long ago. Verizon stopped FIOS wiring in this city in 2008. If ATT Uverse was in this area, I'd have switched to that. All I'm begging for now is something higher than 1 mbps.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 4
(413 Views)

Are you able to supply some Transceiver Statistics from the modem? If your stats look well enough, we can get Verizon to take a look at this further. The qualification database usually just needs to be updated if higher speeds are available.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.