Opting out of targeted ads on web pages
BakingDude

I received an email today annoncing I will received targeted ads on web pages, and that I can go to the Verizon site to "opt out".  I can't find where to do this.

Please note I am not asking how to opt out of emails from Verizon.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.  I have no interest in being "targeted".  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Opting out of targeted ads on web pages
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here are the exact Steps you need to Opt-out of The Digital Direct Marketing Program

1. Go to myverizon.com.

2. Login in with your Used ID and Password.

3. Click accounts & Service in the Upper Left hand Corner.

4. Click "My Services" in the column on the left. (Just above "Bill & Payment")

5. Once "My Services" expands you click on "Internet" on the left Column

6. Click "Manage" to the right of "My Internet"

7 Click on "Manage Online Advertising Preferences" link

8. Under "Advertising by Geography" check "Do Not Participate" and then the red save Button.

You are now opted out of the Digital Direct Marketing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jpage01
Enthusiast - Level 1
You need to access your "Profile" view found on the left side of the navigation (after you login). Then scroll down to Email Preferences. Lastly, choose the checkbox to Opt Out of targeted emails and click 'Save'
It would have been nice if they told everyone this in advance, but I'm sure some smart person in Mktg figured if you can't find it, you can't CHANGE it. Hope this helps
gunnycc

Let me get this straight if there SHOULD BE A CHECKMARK in the box in order to "OPT OUT", Correct????

It would be nice if Verizon didn't make it difficult. It is simple put a link on the home page to "OPT OUT". Place a box and say:

CLICK THIS BOX TO OPT OUT OF ALL MARKETING EMAILS

That's all Verizon has to do. I believe we can all read and understant that. I don't believe that will be done. It is too easy to opt out.

So question still remains, IF I HAVE A CHECK IN THE BOX, I have opted out right?

0 Likes
irishred1

This is outrageous.  I'm goint to try the Access Profile route & see if it works.  Maybe it's time to investigate a new carrier. 

0 Likes
Adam013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to use the Live Chat service to opt out.  They were not able to provide a link for me to do this on my own.  No problem.  If Verizon wants to make it difficult.  I don't mind waisting their support resources...

LiveFreeorDie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the same email and I am very distrubed.  The thing that bothers me even more than being targeted for ads is how Verizon is purposely making it difficult if not impossible to find the Opt Out Page.  As soon as you click on the link it SHOULD take you to the Opt Out Page.  It would be VERY EASY for Verizon to set it up this way.  But Verizon is requiring you sign in first - once signed in - it does not take you to the page - you have to search for it.  Their web site is NOT USER FRIENDLY!  I searched for the Opt Out Page, then searched for a way to email or chat with a rep at Verizon.  I couldn't find any of it. 

Shows a very big lack of integrity and customer service.  Will be looking for another carrier to do business with. 

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here are the exact Steps you need to Opt-out of The Digital Direct Marketing Program

1. Go to myverizon.com.

2. Login in with your Used ID and Password.

3. Click accounts & Service in the Upper Left hand Corner.

4. Click "My Services" in the column on the left. (Just above "Bill & Payment")

5. Once "My Services" expands you click on "Internet" on the left Column

6. Click "Manage" to the right of "My Internet"

7 Click on "Manage Online Advertising Preferences" link

8. Under "Advertising by Geography" check "Do Not Participate" and then the red save Button.

You are now opted out of the Digital Direct Marketing.

0 Likes
BakingDude

Thank YOU!  The poster above obviously ignored the fact I was asking about online advertising.  If I wanted to know about targeted email, I would have asked about targeted email.

They make this very hard to find - harder than finding a new internet provider.  It's like they think I want to surf their horrible site for an hour and find it while I am lounging around.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
SKREENNAME
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I click the "Save" button to opt out of direct marketing, nothing happens. Tried IE and Chrome. ZIp.

0 Likes
bublebo

thank you so much!! I spent 2 hours trying to do this until I found your post.Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes