Overall poor initial experience from Baltimore, MD
cyclosity

Hey.

I'm a college student and I just moved into my apt for the year. About two weeks ago, I signed up for Verizon High Speed DSL. The first issue happened with the shipment of the free modem that was included for registering online.

When I registred, I included my apartment number and confirmed it a few times.

Verizon didn't include my apartment number for  UPS on the package. UPS couldn't deliver the package without this information, and the package ended up being held for pickup 40 miles away. I have no car and no time to go pick it up, so I called verizon to reship the package.

They agree, but I have noticed that the first package had a weight of 1.7 pounds and the package I recieved weighed 1.4 pounds... who knows what I missed out on because of Verizon's error? A better router? Anyone know?I will update when I check the model number on the router I DID receive.

So, my intial service ready date for over a week was set up as September 19th. I managed to get my modem and was all set up on Friday. There was a delay and my 'new' service ready date was today, the 21st.

Still nothing. I did, however, get a call from a verizon technician saying he would need to get in my apartment today to 'check the lines to the apartment'.

All good, except it was 9am and I had already gone to school.

I'm taking a day off work tomorrow to wait for a tech to come. If my service isn't up tomorrow I'm not using verizon again, for anything.

0 Likes
Re: Overall poor initial experience from Baltimore, MD
cyclosity

After being transferred around for 50 minutes this morning, I've been informed that I will have to wait at my apartment all day this SATURDAY for someone to come do something to the connection. Amazing.

0 Likes
Re: Overall poor initial experience from Baltimore, MD
cyclosity

So, my connection was fine up until this past Friday.

I called because I had a very poor connection. My internet went out saturday. I was told I would be udpated on the sitaution today by phone or by SMS text. It's 3:05 pm, and nothing yet.

In addition to being charged 5 dollars for service that I did not have (because of the error in the service ready date), I now have no internet for 3 days within the first month of service.

If Veirzon doesn't contact me today about what's going on, I am cancelling my service and investigating alternatives. It's just not worth it anymore.

0 Likes