Oversubscribed SLOW DSL in Mid-Michigan
lanbldr

When I signed up for 3Mb/s DSL, it was just that, 3Mb.  All the time.  Three months later, its barely 700K from 5:00 pm until midnight.  All the time.  It's still capable of 3Mb, but only in the middle of the night or bofere noon on weekdays.  Tech support {please keep your posts courteous} , kept trying to tell me I had a virus or a slow computer.   Hmmm, a computer that only slows down in the evenings..... and somehow it makes all five of my computers slow at the same time, plus my neighbor's accross the street...

Customer service was no help.  They actually offered to "upgrade" me to 7/1Mb!  I asked if teh guy was kidding?  Really, if you can't deliver 3Mb why in the world would I want to pay for 7?!!

Then they suggested it was the sites I was visiting.  speedtest.net.  Hmmm again.  I can test it from work any time and get 12Mb/s.  I can even remote in from home when home is slow and get 12Mb from my work PC.

I downgraded to 768K.  Since that's all I'm getting, that's all I'm going to pay for.  I'm really regretting now that I sold my HughesNet dish....

Anyone else notice Verizon oversubscribing a CO?

Message Edited by KaLin on 11-18-2008 09:00 PM
0 Likes
Re: Oversubscribed SLOW DSL in Mid-Michigan
ZenTech
The growth in my zip code is huge (83815) and I notice this as well!  It's common knowledge that this happens but Verizon DSL is the only affordable option we have around here.  Cable internet is twice as much for about the same speed.  If I was able to get 3mbps all the time i'd be happy, but that's only a dream.
0 Likes