PLEASE HELP VERIZON HIGH SPEED INTERNET 1MBPS WESTELL 6100G modeM
lj0hnl

My highspeed dsl service date has arrived since 12/29/09. The modem that verizon has issued me is the westell 6100g Modem which has 3 spots for the modem to light up which are : internet, data, and dsl. However, my problem is that my data and dsl lights are consistently blinking green except my internet icon which is not blinking or showing any signs of activity. This is a major concern since in the troubleshoot and set up guide it notes that the internet button should blink or stay at least a solid green. I have moved around the house to every available jack to test the installation of the dsl, but it doesn't change any results. I have called tech support yesterday but i was on the waiting line that was said to receive my call in less than 30 minutes. Unfortunately, i waited over more than an hour and i finally just hung up to go to work. Sadly, i do not know what is wrong because i have done everything that i could. Please help me out. I use a Windows 7 operating system and used the eternet cable and wired telephone cord they sent me in the mail. There were no filters included in my package. 

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP VERIZON HIGH SPEED INTERNET 1MBPS WESTELL 6100G modeM
Techrookie
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have the same modem model but the DSL light should not be blinking and you need to have a filter for each phone. You should have received the filters when you got the modem. I suggest you try the "live chat" in the support section; that always worked well for me and is certainly better than the phone. 

Good luck.