Perfect DSL line, can't get Verizon to upgrade classification.
Mike27T
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've spent weeks with tech support proving over and over that my DSL line can support 15MBps.  All tech personnel agree the line is great.  I'm 1000 feet of copper away from the CO.  The last tech said an Engineer must write an order to reclassify the line.  Bad news is that there's no way for the tech to escalate the request to engineering.  I'm sitting here at 5MBps, while others in my town with lots more distance that have 15MBps.  Very frustrating.  Even if I knew how to get this to an engineer, why would the customer need to do it. That the tech is dead-ended is unbelievable.

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Does any one from Verizon monitor the forums?

0 Likes
Re: Perfect DSL line, can't get Verizon to upgrade classification.
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mike27T,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Perfect DSL line. Followup.
Mike27T
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I fought this battle for weeks.

After requesting an upgrade to the quality of service that my neighbors enjoy,

• I began this quest with 6MBps service.
  • Requested upgrade to 10MPps
  • After much discussion I was arbitrarily denied the upgrade as it would impact the service of my area customers.
  • DSL is dead in my area, with no new installs for years. To impact service on a declining infrastructure? You're kidding...
  • They reset my speed to 3MBps!!!
  • So I sit here now at 50% less download speed
  • I have filed a complaint with my local Public Utilities Commission

It's not the "worker bees", it's the system...

Hopefully some will read this before it is likely deleted. 

Verizon, it's a competitive world.

0 Likes
Re: Perfect DSL line. Followup.
Mike27T
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, Verizon has restored my service to what it was before I started this quest. Thank God. I'm still unhappy that they insist on limiting my speed based on arbitrary limits for my area.  Bottom line, they can upgrade my service but choose not to. The limits they claim are for new installs. Understood. But, I know my request is doable. Sad...

Re: Perfect DSL line, can't get Verizon to upgrade classification.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try Verizon's social media team for this on Twitter, Facebook, or DSLReports, if they haven't already answered your question here on the forums. Their social media team tends to be well equipped to handle these sort of changes.

Normally, you need to talk to Billing to submit a qualification database change request. But also, if you're not on an ADSL2 DSLAM but are on an older ADSL DSLAM, those max at 7Mbps. The ADSL2 DSLAMs may be full or, Verizon may need to move your circuit to one of them beyond just updating the provisioning database.