Switch Account

Personal Web Page Error Message

Personal Web Page Error Message

Highlighted
Contributor Redhouse
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(10,952 Views)

Has anyone else had problems with the website builder?  Last night I was on the phone with tech support for 2 hrs trying to figure out why I can't add pictures to my website.  Everytime I tried to add photos or text I got the message, " The type of item you are attempting to insert has not been implemented."

It was finally recommended that I delete my page and start from scratch, which I did and still I got the same error.

Anyone have this problem and has a solution for me.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 9
(10,925 Views)

not really a solution .. but more of a workaround ....

get FTP access and use a WYSIWYG editor....

you will learn more about how the internet works in addition to being able to upload whatever file you want

... and by the way, i like turtles
Contributor Redhouse
Contributor
Message 3 of 9
(10,923 Views)

I like Turtles, thanks for the suggestion.  I have no idea of how to access or get access to either one of the things you suggested.  If you have information on where I can get these things for free, please let me know.

As an update to this problem, I was on the phone yesterday for two hours again to finally be told that Verizon does not support the web builder or the web page function.  This is a complimentary item and they do not support it.  I also contacted the company that supplied Verizon with the web builder software and was told that the company that uses the software is responsible for the support.

This morning I have had several phone calls from Verizon asking me how they could help me.  I told them support the products you offer complementary or not.  If you don't want to support it don't offer it.

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 9
(10,911 Views)
#1 As example of a WYSIWYG editor, open office

http://www.openoffice.org/

After typing what you want to, use the Save as file type, and select HTML / HTM / or Webpage

Then use a FTP up loader.

#2 For the FTP Settings..

I know in the URL below that is has the word FIOS, and you are not on FIOS - But I am on Verizon DSL, and FTP uploading worked fine here.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/86782.htm

^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 5 of 9
(10,909 Views)

ok then you pretty much have no choice but to connect via FTP to do your website

... a  WYSIWYG ( it stands for " what you see is what you get " ) editor is a webpage creator that works like microsofat word.

FTP access is where u can remotely connect to a folder online using an FTP client and transfer files back and forth.

do a Google for " Freeware WYSIWYG HTML editor " and another for " Freeware FTP client "

pick one of each and mess around with them.

... and by the way, i like turtles
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 6 of 9
(10,445 Views)

Hi redhouse, You went exactly through the same problems I did. I have been working on this for several weeks now. I think there must be something wrong with the web site builder. I read about others using a HTML editor.  Did you got your problem solved by now?  jonesan

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 7 of 9
(10,432 Views)

I am able to add images to my personal webspace without any issue. If you can give me some more information about the process you are using, maybe I can play with it a little and see if I can find a solution.

What browser and version are you using?

What format are the images you are trying to add? (.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg...?)

How large are the files?

Can you give me a step-by-step of the path you are taking to upload the files?

Have you tried uploading the files from a different location? (For instance, if they are in your My Documents folder, try moving them to your Desktop and upload from there.)

Using an FTP client is a valid workaround, but if there's something broken then Verizon or Trellix (or both) need to fix it.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 8 of 9
(10,329 Views)

It was nice to offer yur help. However, I have decided not to use the Verizon web site builder. I have followed the path of the workaround. Thanks again.

Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 9 of 9
(9,177 Views)

According Verizon I have used 29% of my free 10 MB, but I only see one picture and one page.  How did they determine that?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.