Personal Web Page Error Message
Redhouse

Has anyone else had problems with the website builder?  Last night I was on the phone with tech support for 2 hrs trying to figure out why I can't add pictures to my website.  Everytime I tried to add photos or text I got the message, " The type of item you are attempting to insert has not been implemented."

It was finally recommended that I delete my page and start from scratch, which I did and still I got the same error.

Anyone have this problem and has a solution for me.

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Personal Web Page Error Message
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

not really a solution .. but more of a workaround ....

get FTP access and use a WYSIWYG editor....

you will learn more about how the internet works in addition to being able to upload whatever file you want

0 Likes
Redhouse

I like Turtles, thanks for the suggestion.  I have no idea of how to access or get access to either one of the things you suggested.  If you have information on where I can get these things for free, please let me know.

As an update to this problem, I was on the phone yesterday for two hours again to finally be told that Verizon does not support the web builder or the web page function.  This is a complimentary item and they do not support it.  I also contacted the company that supplied Verizon with the web builder software and was told that the company that uses the software is responsible for the support.

This morning I have had several phone calls from Verizon asking me how they could help me.  I told them support the products you offer complementary or not.  If you don't want to support it don't offer it.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 As example of a WYSIWYG editor, open office

http://www.openoffice.org/

After typing what you want to, use the Save as file type, and select HTML / HTM / or Webpage

Then use a FTP up loader.

#2 For the FTP Settings..

I know in the URL below that is has the word FIOS, and you are not on FIOS - But I am on Verizon DSL, and FTP uploading worked fine here.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/Email/Setup+And+Use/QuestionsOne/86782.htm

^^
0 Likes
i_like_turtles
Contributor - Level 1

ok then you pretty much have no choice but to connect via FTP to do your website

... a  WYSIWYG ( it stands for " what you see is what you get " ) editor is a webpage creator that works like microsofat word.

FTP access is where u can remotely connect to a folder online using an FTP client and transfer files back and forth.

do a Google for " Freeware WYSIWYG HTML editor " and another for " Freeware FTP client "

pick one of each and mess around with them.

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi redhouse, You went exactly through the same problems I did. I have been working on this for several weeks now. I think there must be something wrong with the web site builder. I read about others using a HTML editor.  Did you got your problem solved by now?  jonesan

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I am able to add images to my personal webspace without any issue. If you can give me some more information about the process you are using, maybe I can play with it a little and see if I can find a solution.

What browser and version are you using?

What format are the images you are trying to add? (.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg...?)

How large are the files?

Can you give me a step-by-step of the path you are taking to upload the files?

Have you tried uploading the files from a different location? (For instance, if they are in your My Documents folder, try moving them to your Desktop and upload from there.)

Using an FTP client is a valid workaround, but if there's something broken then Verizon or Trellix (or both) need to fix it.

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was nice to offer yur help. However, I have decided not to use the Verizon web site builder. I have followed the path of the workaround. Thanks again.

0 Likes
jonesan
Enthusiast - Level 3

According Verizon I have used 29% of my free 10 MB, but I only see one picture and one page.  How did they determine that?

0 Likes